We (Stephanie and Jacob) have been in Kasese, Uganda at the Fair Earth Children's Village for 3 days. The children and staff are lovely and welcoming, and we have made a lot of progress on our rain water harvesting system installation!
The rainwater project consists of:
- building two foundations for the water tanks,
- putting up wooden boards on four roof lines to attach gutters to,
- adding necessary gutter systems to these boards,
- setting the two 2,000 liter tanks on the foundations,
- connecting the gutters to the water tanks with pvc pipes and installing a fine net to catch debris before it reaches the water,
- install locking water taps to get water from!(the locks are to secure the water system at all hours from theft).
- both foundations are almost complete and will be finished today,
- we are halfway finished with the wooden boards and will complete them today,
- the gutters will be going up tomorrow
and by the weekend this facility will have a full 4,000 liter rain water harvesting system ready to use! Here are a few pictures for now, we have to get back to work!